GTC is seeking a highly motivated and experienced software developer interested in the legal field to join the firm’s M&A practice as a legal assistant. Computer science/engineering and/or programming experience is required, and experience with open source software compliance and software licensing is a plus. Prior experience as a legal assistant/paralegal/law clerk is not required.
The legal assistant will work with and support an international team of lawyers and technicians who represent Fortune 50 companies and others in M&A deals, technology transactions and licensing, IP strategy and data privacy and security. The legal assistant will assist the team in evaluating and executing on these complex technology transactions, in particular, focusing on open source software and in-licensing of other third-party software and will help develop internal software tools to facilitate the review process.
- Have a technical degree in computer science or software engineering, experience developing software and, ideally, previous work experience in the software industry as a developer
- Experience with all phases of development and ability to architect, develop, test and deliver solutions based on requirements and specifications
- Experience with open source software review and compliance a plus, including:
- Familiarity with common open source licenses
- Familiarity with software composition analysis tools (such as Synopsys/Black Duck and Flexera/Palamida/Revenera)
- Experience as a paralegal, legal assistant, or law clerk is not required, but is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication
- High comfort level with work in a “virtual” environment and eagerness to actively build relationships
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate professional discretion and sound judgment
- Must work well both independently and as a contributing member of our hardworking teams
- Passion and enthusiasm to learn and expand skill set
If you are interested in this opportunity and your qualifications meet our requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.