GTC LAW GROUP PC & AFFILIATES CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: April 30, 2020
Information GTC Collects
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Consumer or household (”Personal Information”). In particular, GTC’s Website has collected the following categories of Personal Information from its Consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category Examples Collected
|A. Identifiers||Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Cod § 1798.80(e))||Name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and|
voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical
patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|F. Internet or network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a Consumer’s interaction with a Website, application, or advertisement.||No|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||No|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|I. Professional or|
|Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|J. Non-public education information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||Yes|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
Personal Information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• Deidentified or aggregated Consumer information.
• Information excluded from the scope of the CCPA, including:
• Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
• Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
GTC obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete.
• Indirectly from you. For example, from your activity on our Site.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request information about our services, , we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information in connection with the provision of our services, we may use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery of the services.
• As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
GTC will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
GTC may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose . When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, GTC has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records Personal Information categories. Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Category D: Commercial information.
Category F: Internet or network activity.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information. Category J: Non-public education information.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Service providers.
• Third parties as you may authorize.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, GTC has not sold Personal Information.
Your Rights and Options
The CCPA provides Consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Data Access and Portability Rights
You have the right to request that GTC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable Consumer request (see Exercise Your Rights), we will disclose to you:
• The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
• The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
• If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that GTC delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable Consumer request (see Exercising Your Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
• Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
• Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another Consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with Consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
• Comply with a legal obligation.
• Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable Consumer request to us by either e-mailing us at email@example.com or writing us at:
Chief Privacy Officer
GTC Law Group PC & Affiliates One University Ave., Ste. 302B Westwood, MA, 02090
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable Consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable Consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable Consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable Consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable Consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable Consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable Consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable Consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, electronically. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable Consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you goods or Services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or Services or a different level or quality of goods or Services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits Users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing us at:
Chief Privacy Officer
GTC Law Group PC & Affiliates One University Ave., Ste. 302B Westwood, MA, 02090
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
GTC reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Chief Privacy Officer
GTC Law Group PC & Affiliates One University Ave., Ste. 302B Westwood, MA, 02090 Attention: Chief Privacy Officer